JPG Harp Connections Scholarship Awards
This memorial scholarship award is about growth, spirit, devotion and opportunity. Opportunity to expand the knowledge of the harpist's craft and to share that knowledge with others. Opportunities to make positive changes in the lives of others, whether they be an audience of one or of many.
Scholarships are awarded in three categories:
- General Training ($800 first place, $500 second place)
- Harp Therapy ($500 first place)
- Harp Camp attendee (full tuition including course registration and lunches))
These scholarships are offered to harpists with their pursuit of achieving a more advanced level of accomplishment in the field of performance and service to others.
How to apply
Please complete the application which is located in our STORE. You must be 13 years or older to apply for the harp scholarships. The fee to process the application is $10.00. In addition to the application, a recording of two selections of contrasting musical styles should be sent as an MP3 and emailed to email@example.com Another option is to complete the application in our STORE, and then create a CD and mail the CD and your contact information to: JPG Harp Connections, 703 Courtney Lane, Chattanooga, TN 37415. All entries must be submitted by November 30th of each year. Winners will be announced on January 31st (Jan's birthday) of the following year.
There are no refunds once you complete the application and pay the application fee. Materials will not be returned. The application form has all required fields. You complete the application online before you are asked to submit the application fee of $10.00. Remember to click on STORE at the top of this page to complete the application.
2016-2017 JPG HARP SCHOLARSHIP WINNERS
FIRST PLACE: LYDIA WISEHEART, SALISBURY, IN
SECOND PLACE: DEBORAH COUCH, GLENDALE, KY AND AMELIE BURKINSHAW, BRULE, ALBERTA, CANADA
HARP THERAPY CATEGORY:
FIRST PLACE: MARILYN BULGER, HINTON, ALBERTA, CANADA
SECOND PLACE: Matthew Tutsky, Boise ID
2014 -2015 JPG Harp Scholarship Winners
The Board of Directors of the Jan Pennington Gray Harp Scholarship Fund, Inc. have selected the winners of the 2014 and 2015 Harp Scholarship competition. The five judges expressed their delight in the achievements of the applicants from the following states: VA, NH, OR, NY, GA, AL, TN, OH
- General Education, 1st place: Olivia Johnson - Decatur, AL and Emily Cluff - Nauvoo, IL
- General Education, 2nd place: Teresa Sheppard - Marietta, GA
- General Education, 2nd place: Sara Brown - Dayton, TN
- Harp Therapy (Practitioner, special category): Montiel Rosenthal - Cincinnati, OH
- Harp Camp Scholarship: Savannah Landis - Manlius, NY
JPG Harp Medallion Award
This memorial award is given to harpists who demonstrate the qualities Jan fostered:
- an interest in both harp activities and people
- unselfish devotion to performance
- a desire to ease the pain and suffering of fellow human beings
- an interest in nature and all living things
- to be the best they are capable of being.
This involves hard work, unselfishness, sensitivity, love and devotion.
The JPG Harp Medallion Award is presented in the form of an engraved medallion accompanied by a certificate of award. Since 1999, there have been over 138 medallions awarded to outstanding harpists who demonstrated a vital interest in harp activities.
This award is presented with the hope that it will promote and foster inspiring and dedicated harp performance.
Recent Medallion Award Recipients